The weather’s heating up, and it’s getting harder and harder to stay cool – or even comfortable – here in the Lone Star State.
While sitting indoors with your A/C blaring and a fan by your side is certainly an option, that doesn’t sound like too fun a summer – for you or for your little ones.
Fortunately, Schertz – and the entire San Antonio area, for that matter – is home to some pretty great spots where you can have fun, get out of the house, and stay cool all at the same time.
Do you need help beating the heat as the summer sun blazes? Here are just a few of the region’s top cool-down spots:
- Float the river – Schertz is surrounded by some of the state’s best rivers. Spend the day floating down the Comal, Guadalupe, Frio or any number of other local waterways and keep cool the whole afternoon through. Just rent a tube, bring along a cooler of cold beverages, and let the water take you away.
- Check out the Schertz Aquatics Center – Just opened in January, the Schertz Aquatics Center is poised to be the area’s biggest summer hotspot. With an eight-lane pool, a family pool, aquatic classes and more, it offers something for all ages and interests.
- Slide over to ZDT’s – ZDT’s Amusement Park in nearby Sequin has plenty to rev you up and cool you down this summer. With giant water slides, the Mad Raft water coaster and other water rides, it’s the perfect place to beat the heat. The park also boasts a video game arcade, rollercoasters, go karts, rock climbing, trampoline jumping and more.
- Hop into Hamilton Pool – The Hamilton Pool Preserve is unlike any swimming pool you’ve ever seen. Gone are the concrete walls and blue tiled bottoms, and instead, you’ll see a naturally occurring swimming hole, carved out of an eroded limestone dome. The erosion caused water from an underground river to seep up, creating a sparkling, freshwater pool with tons of natural shade. There are even waterfalls you can play in and under.
- Stay at the YMCA – The Schertz Family YMCA boasts all sorts of summer attractions, including pools, splash pads, a rock wall and a Kidz Club. There are even swim lessons and day camps for even more indoor fun.
- Start splashing – Check out one of the many splash pads in the area for a fun, fast cool-down. Some of the best can be found in: Yanaguana Garden at Hemisfair Park, Fischer Park in New Braunfels, Pearsall Park in San Antonio, Park West in Sequin and the Bulverde Community Park in Bulverde.
- Go wild for waves – Nearby Seguin is home to a unique sort of swimming pool. A 15,000 square foot wave pool with a beach-like entry, the swimming hole sends out bumpy, splashing waves a few times an hour. Located at the Seguin Aquatic Center, there’s also a raindrop mushroom and a splash pool on site, too.
- Dip into Barton Springs – Another unique pool, this one’s filled entirely with water from local springs. Located in nearby Austin’s Zilker Park, it’s a short drive to one of the state’s best swimming spots.
- Wonder at Wonderland – Morgan’s Wonderland is a family-friendly theme park, offering everything from games and trains to a music garden and, you got it, water rides. The park’s Water Works area also has 10 splash play areas, play pods and pools – perfect for even the littlest kiddos.
- I Scream, You Scream – Nearby Cibolo is home to one of the city’s best ice cream shops – Scoop at the Mill. Offering everything from root beer floats to shakes, malts and sundaes, it’s a must on a hot summer’s day. You can even build your own ice cream sandwich by picking out two homemade cookies and any ice cream flavor of your choice. And plain old ice cream scoops? You can up the ante on those, too. Get them in a brownie or cookie bowl!
Don’t let the hot sun limit your fun this summer. Schertz, Cibolo and the entire San Antonio area are home to tons of spots that let you enjoy those summer days and keep cool at the same time.
Summer in Schertz
Need more summer suggestions? Want other advice on the Schertz area? Our real estate agents are here to help. Experts in Schertz and the surrounding communities, our agents can point you in the right direction. Just give us a call today.
An error has occurred: Remote request failed for unknown reason. More Info