Buying a home is the largest financial investment most people will ever make, so it is important to have professional help. To do so, find a realtor dedicated to providing quality real estate services to military families moving to the area, one who can help with your joint base San Antonio move and who is equipped with the necessary tools and technology to make buying your new home easier and faster.
Many making the move to Randolph AFB choose to live in the Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City area. These communities offer a small town lifestyle with excellent schools and plenty of shopping options. Many of the communities have easy access to major roads leading to San Antonio, providing no more than a 30-40 minute commute. Choosing to live in one of these small towns provides the security and comfort of small town living, close to a metropolitan area, providing everything a family needs for shopping and entertainment.
As soon as you know you transfer date, notify a realtor- even if it will be months before you move. If it is possible, schedule time to visit the Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City areas and spend some time with your realtor, so they can learn exactly what you want and need in a home, and possibly show you a few options. This will ensure you have a place to live when it is time for your move as your realtor can help schedule the steps in the home buying process enabling you to have your home by the time you make your move.
Your realtor will guide you on purchasing a new home or a resale home and provide the following as part of their service to you:
- Explain the property tax system in Texas and the local areas
- Help you create a budget that will ultimately set the home price you can afford
- Explain deed restrictions, homeowner’s associations and their fees, and local zoning laws
- Explain Texas exemptions and community property laws
- Tell you about master-planned communities and other neighborhoods throughout the Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City area and the availability and price of homes
- Provide local community information on utilities, zoning, and schools
- Set up appointments to view neighborhoods and homes within your price range
- Give you a professional opinion about how much a given house is really worth so that you avoid paying too much for a house
- Assist you in the home selection process by providing objective information about each property
- Help you understand the different financing options, choose the best financing option for your situation, and identify qualified lenders
- Refer you to lenders best qualified to help you after you provide some basic information about your available savings, income, and current debt
- Help you negotiate price, mortgage financing, terms, date of possession, and possible inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings, or equipment
- Advise you as to what is inspections are recommended or required (Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests.)
- Assist you in finding qualified and responsible professionals to do inspections and provide you with written reports
- Attend all inspections and the walk-through before closing
- Explain the contract and all paperwork associated with your home purchase and let you know the requirements for closing
- Guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows smoothly
Frequent transfers are part of today’s military and it is never easy to move your family to a new city. A realtor can make the process easier by helping you prioritize what type of neighborhood you are looking for, the size of the home, and other areas of interest.
As a former military spouse, Jeanine Claus of the Claus team has built her team around the expert knowledge of helping military families find homes in the Cibolo, Schertz, Garden Ridge area. Aside from living in the area for more than 20 years, Jeanine and the other agents of The Claus Team have helped countless military families buy and sell homes. Need a realtor who can help you with your military move? Let us know- we’d be happy to help!
An error has occurred: Remote request resulted in a [403 Forbidden] response. More Info