Buying a home in San Antonio is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make, and while homeownership does offer countless benefits, the Claus Team’s first priority is ensuring that our clients are making the right choice when they decide to buy.
The Truth About Homeownership
- You will build tangible equity as your property value appreciates. But the value of your home depends in large part on the fairness of the purchase price and you mortgage loan terms. And homes are never free of problems. You’ll be responsible for ongoing chores and repairs.
- Owning a home means you’ll be able to do as you please in your own place, without answering to landlords or neighbors. However, you may have a Homeowners Association to consider when making exterior changes, and unlike a renter, you won’t be able to walk away from your home with 30-days notice.
Is Homeownership Right for You?
Even though we’re experts, the Claus Team can’t tell you whether homeownership is the right choice for you. It’s up to you to make a wise decision. What we can do is encourage you to ask and answer some questions that might help you make the choice.
- Does homeownership, with its ongoing responsibilities, suit your lifestyle?
- Do you have a steady income that can be documented?
- Have you saved enough money for a down payment?
- Will you be able to pay other bills while keeping your mortgage payments current?
- Are you prepared to keep the home for at least five years?
If you answered yes to these questions, you may be ready to make a purchase! And if you’d like to discuss any of the information contained in the articles, call us at 210.566.6474 to speak with a Buyer’s Specialist.